Price: ₹ 12,422.55
(as of Nov 11,2020 11:48:48 UTC – Details)
Ideal as a graduate textbook, this title is aimed at helping design effective biomaterials, taking into account the complex interactions that occur at the interface when a synthetic material is inserted into a living system. Surface reactivity, biochemistry, substrates, cleaning, preparation, and coatings are presented, with numerous case studies and applications throughout.
- Starts with concepts and works up to real-life applications such as implantable devices, medical devices, prosthetics, and drug delivery technology
- Addresses surface reactivity, requirements for surface coating, cleaning and preparation techniques, and characterization
- Discusses the biological response to coatings
- Addresses biomaterial-tissue interaction
- Incorporates nanomechanical properties and processing strategies